What you need:
- floss, around 10 meters
- a ferrule
- beads or wooden balls
1. Cut four pieces of floss, 2,5 meters each
2. Pull the floss through the ferrule, but only to half of the length. Tie a knot at the ferrule. At this time you should have eight equally long threads hanging from the ferrule, 1,2 meters long
3. Hang the ferrule somewhere – it will make it easier to continue. Tie the threads two and two around 30 cm below the ferrule
4. Grab one of the threads from the pair and tie together with the thread from the neighbour. Tie those two together so they make a new pair, around 7-8 cm from the first knots. Continue the same way with the rest of the threads. At this point you should have four knots forming new pairs.
5. Do the procedure on point 4 as many times as you want until you get the shape you want. Three rows with knots is good for a normal pot.
6. When you happy with how it looks – tie all the threads in to a big knot. Voilá, now you have a beautiful hanging flowerpot!
If you want to spice it up, add some wooden balls or beads in between the knots!